Experience: Professional Freelance Musician
- Since moving to London in 2009 I have worked as a Freelance Trombonist and I have worked with a number of ensembles, orchestras, Jazz bands and pit orchestras in and around London and in the north of England.
- Aurora Festival Sweden 2016 – Trombonist
- Chapel Brass, Brass quintet – Trombonist and manager. Recently recorded and featured in the BBC drama ‘Good Omens’. Chapel Brass can also be seen playing at the Goldsmiths graduation ceremonies.
- Games Soundtrack Recording Session Nov. 2016, Creative Assembly – 1st Trombone
- Skills lab Spitalfields Music: Music Leader training program 2015/16.
- Freelance Workshop Musician 2013- Present with English Touring Opera, National Portrait Gallery, Wigmore Hall, Spitalfields Music, Open Academy, Harmony Liverpool, The Southbank and Purcell School and leading workshops for people living with dementia and primary school children.
- Westminster Music Service: Live music in schools scheme 2012-2013
Open Academy Fellow – Royal Academy of Music
- Planning and leading music workshops in schools and the wider community
- Facilitating workshops in conjunction with workshop leaders and professional bodies including the Wigmore Hall, English Touring Opera, Westminster Arts, CBBC and Spitalfields Music.
- Training in workshop technique including composition, use of digital media & technology, vocal leading, working with disability, those living with dementia and early years.
Teaching: Peripatetic Brass Teacher & Ensemble coach
- George Elliot Primary School: October 2017 – Present
- Ealing Music Service: February 2015 – 2019
- St Marylebone C. of E. School: April 2012 – Present
Education: Royal Academy of Music, Sept. 2009-July 2013
BMus (Hons) Music Performance II/i – Trombone
At the Royal Academy of Music I played projects and concerts on 1st, 2nd and Alto Trombone 2009-2013 in various orchestras and ensembles, both Jazz and Classical. Including Opera and Musical Theatre with conductors such as Sir Colin Davis, Jane Glover, Edward Gardner, Yan Pascal Tortelier and Semyon Bychkov. In 2011 I played 1st Trombone in the world premier of the opera ‘Kommilitonen’ by Sir Peter Maxwell-Davis. I also took part in several masterclasses and RAM competitions, both solo and ensemble.
Awards & Prizes Achieved during my Education:
- Don Lusher Soloist Prize Finalist -British Trombone Society 2012.
- Mark Elliot Scholarship – Royal Academy of Music 2011/12 & 2012/13
- The Sue Laider Community Award – King George V College 2008
- The David Hall Memorial Prize for Music – King George V College 2007
- The Marion Cahill Award for Music in KS3 – Deyes High School 2004
References available on request